Scrum Foundations in 2 Days
Line up for 2 days training I Scrum Fundamentals (2days in Classroom training), Using Training from the back of the room approach.
13-14 Sept 2019
General Learning Objectives
Get a comprehensive overview of how to organize and support a Scrum Team and the Organisation. The curriculum for this course builds a body of knowledge of the Scrum framework, including its roles, events, and artifacts. Incorporating Scrum principles and practices. Understand that takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement. Scrum is a framework, not a prescriptive methodology. Understand difference between facilitating, teaching, mentoring, and coaching.
These Learning Objectives take the following into consideration:
- Every implementation of Scrum is different.
- Teams and organizations apply Scrum within their context, but the fundamental framework always remains the same.
- Scrum Guide, http://scrumguides.org
- Agile Manifesto, 4 values and 12 principles, http://www.agilemanifesto.org
- SCRUM ALLIANCE® SCRUM FOUNDATIONS Learning Objectives: https://www.scrumalliance.org/ScrumRedesignDEVSite/media/ScrumAllianceMedia/Files%20and%20PDFs/Certifications/Foundational/Foundational_LearningObjectives.pdf
- SCRUM ALLIANCE® CERTIFIED SCRUMMASTER® Learning Objectives: https://www.scrumalliance.org/ScrumRedesignDEVSite/media/ScrumAllianceMedia/Files%20and%20PDFs/Certifications/CSM/CSM_LearningObjectives.pdf
1 – Introductions & Icebreaker: Get to know the crowd. Have Fun! (20 min)
2 – Rules for the 2 days: Get familiarized with some facilitation techniques, learn to create a Team Agreement. (40 min)
3 – Agile Fundamentals (assisted with presentation for the instructions / instructions on the manual): understand what is agile mindset and overview of methodologies and practices under Agile umbrella XP, Kanban, Crystal, LeSS, TDD, BDD. (1h)
4 – Scrum Framework: Scrum Values and Principles, Roles, Events and Artefacts. (2h)
5 – Introduction to “User Stories”: Basic understanding of user stories(Template, Users, and Acceptance Criteria, Prioritization). (30min)
6 – Estimations: Understand estimate complexity and knowledge of estimation technique – theory and practice. (1h 30h)
7 – Day retrospective – Q&A: Parking Lot, Aha moments, Check on High Dream Low Dream, Wrap up (See updates on the Kanban Board). (1h)
8A – Basic Coaching Skills: Create awareness for real coaching skills – Powerful Questions, Active Listening exercise, Coaching Model: STORMMES, 5 Dysfunctions of a Team. (2h)
8B – Product Alternative (Preparation for the Build the Lego City): Apply the concepts learned on Day 1 – Understand Story Mapping – Release planning and Product Vision. (2h)
9 – Lego Game “Build the City” – Part 1 Story Map: Apply the concepts learned on Day 1 – Understand Story Mapping. (2h)
10 – Lego Game – Part 2 Story Map: Practice end to end Scrum framework with as incremental delivery – 4 Sprints of 15min & Debrief. (2h)
11 – Day retrospective – Q&A: Parking Lot, Aha moments, Check on High Dream Low Dream, Wrap up (See updates on the Kanban Board). (1h)